An open strip of land provided on the periphery of the town for the special purpose of limiting the growth of a town is known as the green belt.
The land contained in the GB are to n\be used for carrying out the agricultural activates and the construction of buildings inGB is strictly prohibited
The GB is provided for the following purposes
1) It can be developed as parks and play grounds.
2) It can be developed as picnic spots and recreation grounds.
3) It can be developed as poultry farm or nursery.
4) It defines the size of a city or town.
5) It is tube used only for agricultural purposes.
6) It prevents the spreading of town and conurbation is thus prevented by the provision of a GB around the town.