- Landfill is also known as a dump or rubbish dump (and historically as a midden), is a site for the disposal of waste materials by burial and is the oldest form of waste treatment.
- Historically, Landfills have been the most common methods of organized waste disposal and remain so in many places around the world.
- Landfills may include internal waste disposal sites (where a producer of waste carries out their own waste disposal at the place of production) as well as sites used by many producers.
- Many landfills are also used for other waste management purposes, such as the temporary storage,consolidation and transfer, or processing of waste material (sorting, treatment, or recycling).
- A landfill also may refer to ground that has been filled in with soil and rocks instead of waste materials, so that it can be used for a specific purpose, such as for building houses.
Top blog writers trust a custom wordpress plugin for your Wordpress site.Push your web site into a money making miracle with Wordpress a wordpress plugin twitter enhancements.