Managers have to perform many roles in an organization and how they handle various situations will depend on their style of management. A management style is an overall method of leadership used by a manager.
- Time Servers
- Nice Guys
Administrators (Management Styles)
- Work company rule and regulations
- Live by book
- Very good employees
- Strong loyalty
- Work with company for very long time
- Work strictly according to the demarcation of departments
- Expect every thing in black and white
- Very logical and very practical
- Have good planning skills
- Always respected by their seniors and juniors
Time Savers (Management Styles)
- Old managers who have lost their interest
- Take necessary steps to avoid stress
- Low Motivated
- Conflict at all levels are avoided.
- Decisions are avoided
- Personals status is important
- Have very good management experiences
- They consider themselves father of organization
- They can build good team
Climbers (Management Styles)
- Driven by extremely personal ambitions
- Sacrifice every thing, themselves, family etc.
- Want to achieve good position by fair or unfair means
- Become de-motivated if fail.
- They learn from their staff and push them back.
Generals (Management Styles)
- Usually younger persons
- Like to rule and manipulate power
- Work hard and guide their subordinates
- Social and mix at all levels
- Status is important
- Strong willed individuals
- Highly optimistic
Supporters (Management Styles)
- They maintain balance views about world organization, subordinates, themselves
- Good facilitators
- Knowable in applying techniques
- Work through their people
- Delegate power and responsibilities to their subordinates.
- Highly motivated
- Highly motivated
- Good compromisers and flexible
- Determined and patient to achieve targets
Nice Guys (Management Styles)
- Weak willed persons
- Interested to develop links with seniors and subordinates
- Do nor criticize to others
- Poor performers
- Very few decisions are made
- Yield to pressure from any source.
Bosses (Management Styles)
- Power hungry
- Very rude and shurde
- Opertate in administrative modes , plying things by books where it suits them
- Drive their subordinate but not themselves
- Extremely inflexible, mistaken as strong minded people.
- Strong talkers
- Terrorize their subordinates and peers.
- Creating conflict for their powers
- In short term they are result oriented, but long term they are destructive and harm full.
- They are insecure and humiliate others.
- Promoted by pointing out mistakes of others, not their own achievements.