There are two types of both aim at knowing the strength of concrete and determine The quality of concrete respectively, we have so far done distractive test only.
The NDT seldom give the exact strength of concrete & distractive test also difficult to made actual structure component for which in-situ NDT, NDT provide information to engineer regarding following properties of the structure material.
- In-situ strength Properties
- Moisture Content
- Elastic Properties
- Extent of Visible of Cracks
- Position & Condition of Concrete Reinforcement & Concrete Cover
NDT test are following
1) Ultra Sonic Pulse Velocity Test
2) Rebound Hammer Test (Smith Hammer Test)
3) Load Test
4) Core Test