Solid Waste Disposal
There are three main types of disposal of solid waste.
- Waste treatment process that involves the combustion of organic substances contained in waste materials.
- Incineration and other high temperature waste treatment systems are described as “thermal treatment“.
- Incineration of waste materials converts the waste into ash, flue gas, and heat.
- The ash is mostly formed by the inorganic constituents of the waste, and may take the form of solid lumps or particulates carried by the flue gas.
- The flue gases must be cleaned of gaseous and particulate pollutants before they are dispersed into the atmosphere.