Functional Types of Railway
- Super Express
- Rapid Trains
- Local Trains
1. Super Express (Bullet Train)
- Normally intercity trains.
- Top Commercial Speed
- Country dependent
- Maximum 581km/h (Japan)
- Still under Experiments.
- France and European countries 330 km/h on an average.
2. Rapid Trains (Limited Express Train)
- Intercity Trains, Urban-rural Connection
- Top commercial Speed 120-150 km/h
- Stops at Limited Stations.
3. Local Trains
- Normally within city trains.
- Top commercial Speed 90-100 km/h
- Stops at every station
- Underground trains
- Normally stops at every station
- Avg. Speed 90 km/h
- Tokyo Subways system is the World Largest.
- New York Subways system is World’s 2nd Largest